Below are some frequently asked questions regarding La Amistad Behavioral Health Services. If you require additional information or have questions not addressed here, please call (407) 647-0660 or (800) 433-1122, and our staff will be happy to assist you.
- What is the cost of an assessment?
- Will my insurance cover the services I receive?
- What items can I bring?
- Are school uniforms required at the Learning Academy?
- Is any clothing not allowed?
- Are there any items residents are not allowed?
The assessment is provided at no charge. A specially-trained counselor will meet with you (and your family, if appropriate), to help determine the appropriate level of care necessary.
La Amistad Behavioral Health Services accepts private pay and all major insurance coverage. Most insurance companies have established contracts with us, including TRICARE®, formerly known as CHAMPUS*. Our business office will assist families and professionals in working with their insurance companies to certify the client for treatment. Private pay rates can be discussed as requested.
*“TRICARE” is a registered trademark of the TRICARE Management Activity. All rights reserved.
There is a list of accepted personal items. Please go to the Admissions section to review that list.
Yes, students under the age of 18 are required to wear the La Amistad Learning Academy uniform to all academic functions. The uniform consists of:
- White or Navy short sleeve, collared "golf" shirt
- Khaki or Navy pants / shorts.
Outside of school hours, residents may change into other clothing.
The following is a list of clothing items that are deemed inappropriate and will not be allowed:
- No bare midriffs
- No skirts or shorts more than 4" above knee
- No clothing with reference to drugs, alcohol, bands or individuals associated with the same
- No backless shirts
- No low cut or sheer/see-through blouses or clothing
- No cut up or torn clothes
- No two-piece or bikini swimsuits for females (one-piece suits only)
- No spaghetti straps or tank tops
- No baggy shorts or pants
- No low rise jeans, pants or shorts
- No excessively tight clothing
- Undergarments should not be showing
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by an administrator
- Jewelry prohibited for children and adolescents
The following is a list of unacceptable (contraband) items that are not permitted by residents:
- Electric razors (adult may have in lock-up storage)
- Personal razors (adults may have in lock-up storage)
- Food, snacks, Energy drinks, and gum
- Electrical devices of any kind, other than curling irons and blow dryers
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products (adults are allowed to smoke cigarettes)
- Lighters, matches or any device that produces a flame
- Candles, incense or any decorative items that burn
- Prescription and over-the-counter drugs, unless approved by our psychiatrist
- Illicit or "street" drugs
- Weapons of any kind (knives, guns, chains, razors, scissors, etc.)
- Alcohol of any kind
- Racial or religious "hate" symbols or paraphernalia
- Any item that can be used for self-mutilation
- CDs, cassette tapes or recordings
- Laptops, cell phones, stereos, DVDs and DVD players
- Metal coat hangers
- Nail polish