Our staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions and to determine the needs of specific individuals; however, face-to-face assessments and admissions must be scheduled. The initial consultation is provided at no charge.
Behavioral health care starts with an evaluation comprising a clinical interview with one of our mental health specialists. Following that session, we provide a comprehensive recommendation to the individual and/or their family for ongoing outpatient counseling, residential care or further physical/psychological assessment.
La Amistad Behavioral Health Services is located in Maitland, FL, minutes away from Orlando. We accept private pay and all major insurance coverage. We strive to be cost-effective in delivering the highest standard of care while working closely with patients, their families, agency representatives, insurance companies and managed care groups in determining all payment options available.
As an accredited educational program for children and adolescents, La Amistad may be funded through student loan programs available through private lenders. To assist families in obtaining financing, La Amistad has established relationships with lenders who are familiar with our programs. Please ask for additional information through our intake department.
Strong family involvement is recommended, encouraged through family therapy, frequent visits and telephone calls. Conference calls with the facility staff, child and family enhance work with geographically distant families. We also encourage attendance at the monthly Family Day for the families of children and adolescent patients, and the Saturday Family Support Group for the families of the Adult patients.
Please bring the following important documents at the time of admission:
- Birth certificate (for children and adolescents only)
- Insurance card
- Immunization record (for children and adolescents only)
- Pharmacy card
- Social Security card
- Guardianship documents
- Custody documents for children and adolescents, if applicable
- Appropriate reading material
- Body soap/wash
- Bottled water
- Cigarettes and lighter (adults only)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream (non-aerosol)
- Make-up, without mirrors
- Shampoo/conditioner (stored in lock-up)
- Blow dryers (stored in lock-up)
- Curling or flat irons (stored in lock-up)
- Aerosols/perfume/cologne (stored in lock-up)
- Money/credit cards (stored in lock-up)
- Razors/nail clippers/tweezers (stored in lock-up)