Our staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions and to determine the needs of specific individuals; however, face-to-face assessments and admissions must be scheduled. The initial consultation is provided at no charge.
Behavioral health care starts with an evaluation comprising a clinical interview with one of our mental health specialists. Following that session, we provide a comprehensive recommendation to the individual and/or their family for ongoing outpatient counseling, residential care or further physical/psychological assessment.
La Amistad Behavioral Health Services is located in Maitland, FL, minutes away from Orlando. We accept private pay and all major insurance coverage. We strive to be cost-effective in delivering the highest standard of care while working closely with patients, their families, agency representatives, insurance companies and managed care groups in determining all payment options available.
As an accredited educational program for children and adolescents, La Amistad may be funded through student loan programs available through private lenders. To assist families in obtaining financing, La Amistad has established relationships with lenders who are familiar with our programs. Please ask for additional information through our intake department.
Strong family involvement is recommended, encouraged through family therapy, frequent visits and telephone calls. Conference calls with the facility staff, child and family enhance work with geographically distant families. We also encourage attendance at the monthly Family Day for the families of adolescent patients, and the Saturday Family Support Group for the families of the Adult patients.
All assessments and admissions take place at 1650 Park Avenue North, Maitland, Florida 32751.
La Amistad staff will escort the resident to the proper location after the admission process is completed.
What to Bring:
- Plan to bring 5-7 days of clothing (limit 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag). Laundry facilities, including supplies, are available for resident use on-site
- Flat-soled or tennis shoes are recommended. No high heels are permitted. Shoes must be worn outside of your room. Bare feet are not permitted, except in the pool area
- Lightweight jackets and sweaters are recommended for colder months of the year and/or if you get cold easily indoors
- La Amistad has most basic hygiene products in the event you forget something or run out
- Hygiene products to bring: shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, body soap, feminine hygiene products, toothpaste and toothbrush, shaving cream, and makeup (without mirrors)
- Electric razor/shavers are allowed (note: All razors and electrical items, such as hair dryers, curling irons, or electric shavers will be checked and stored for safety)
- Insurance card, pharmacy card, and social security card
- Money (no more than $100 in cash) and credit card stored in La Amistad lock-up to be accessed at “designated times”
- Small MP3 player with headphones (if desired) without a built-in camera or internet capability
- Detailed list of all medications you are currently taking. Include the name of medication, the dosage and frequency administered, name of physician who prescribed the medication, and the reason for the medication. Only bring a few days’ supply of your prescribed medications when traveling to the facility for admission
- Appropriate reading materials (books and magazines)
- It is recommended that you lock up any valuables not in your immediate possession a safe is provided for this purpose. La Amistad staff cannot be responsible for your valuables
- Bedding if desired (we provide all necessary bedding and towels)
What to Leave at Home:
When you are admitted to La Amistad, a staff member will examine you and check your belongings. Please do not bring the following items:
- Prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins, herbs, or nutritional supplements. (Only bring a few days’ supply of your prescribed medications when traveling to the facility for admission.)
- Excessive or expensive jewelry
- Cell phones and computers (cell phones will be stored safely and returned upon discharge if brought)
- All electronics (except a small MP3 player and small reading light)
- Exercise equipment
- Shoe polish, liquid soap, hair dye, or bleach
- Any glass items or mirrors
- Aerosol products, including deodorant and hairspray
- Food, chewing gum, breath mints, candy of any kind, sugar, or artificial sweeteners
- E-Cigarettes, chewing tobacco
- Illegal substances or mood-altering drugs
- Firearms and/or supplies
- No drinks of any kind, including water. We provide you with water bottles and access to water 24/7
- DVD’s & CD’s
- Lighters (we provide ability to light cigarettes if desired)