Our staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions and to determine the needs of specific individuals; however, face-to-face assessments and admissions must be scheduled. The initial consultation is provided at no charge.
Behavioral health care starts with an evaluation comprising a clinical interview with one of our mental health specialists. Following that session, we provide a comprehensive recommendation to the individual and/or their family for ongoing outpatient counseling, residential care or further physical/psychological assessment.
La Amistad Behavioral Health Services is located in Maitland, FL, minutes away from Orlando. We accept private pay and all major insurance coverage. We strive to be cost-effective in delivering the highest standard of care while working closely with patients, their families, agency representatives, insurance companies and managed care groups in determining all payment options available.
As an accredited educational program for children and adolescents, La Amistad may be funded through student loan programs available through private lenders. To assist families in obtaining financing, La Amistad has established relationships with lenders who are familiar with our programs. Please ask for additional information through our intake department.
Strong family involvement is recommended, encouraged through family therapy, frequent visits and telephone calls. Conference calls with the facility staff, child and family enhance work with geographically distant families. We also encourage attendance at the monthly Family Day for the families of adolescent patients, and the Saturday Family Support Group for the families of the Adult patients.
All assessments and admissions take place at 1650 Park Avenue North, Maitland, Florida 32751.
La Amistad staff will escort the resident to the proper location after the admission process is completed.
What to Bring:
- 5-7 days of clothing (limit 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag). Laundry facilities, including supplies, are available for resident use on-site
- It is recommended to bring clothing items without drawstrings or laces
- Closed-toe/closed-back shoes are required for outdoor recreational activities. Flip-flops or sandals recommended for shower use; sneakers recommended for physical activities.
- Lightweight jackets and sweaters are recommended for colder months of the year and/or if you get cold easily indoors
- Residents are required to be in uniform while attending school. Uniform consists of:
- White or navy polo
- Khaki or navy slacks
- Closed-toed shoes
- Shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, body soap, feminine hygiene products, toothpaste and toothbrush – La Amistad has most basic hygiene products in the event you forget something or run out
- Bedding if desired (we provide all necessary bedding and towels)
- Hair straighteners and curling irons allowed for use only during designated times
- Makeup items should be limited to single quart-sized bag
Permitted Personal Items:
- Stress ball or deck of cards
- Appropriate reading material
- Coloring or activity books
- Journal or sketchbook
- Nontoxic markers, colored pencils or crayons
- Transparent or clear pencil case
- Please bring all medications (psychiatric, medical, supplemental) to at the facility for review
- All medications should be stored in their original pill bottles, any medications stored in any other container will be discarded.
- Some medications may be kept by the facility for your use while you are in care
What to Leave at Home:
When you are admitted to La Amistad, a staff member will check your belongings and preform a brief personal search. Please do not bring the following items:
Clothing items containing the following are not permitted:
- undergarments containing metal or underwire
- pants with rips, tears or holes
- references to substance or alcohol use
- profanity or inappropriate language
- musician or artist advertisement (band shirts)
- shorts or bottoms that fall above the knee
- midriffs or crop tops
- extremely tight-fitting or transparent (ex. leggings)
- high heeled shoes or boots
Hygiene Items containing the following are not permitted:
- Makeup items containing any glass, metal, or mirrors
- Razors or shavers
- Tweezers, eyelash curlers, nail clippers
- Hand sanitizer
- Aerosol products
Prohibited personal items:
- Any items containing metal, glass, or mirrors
- Any type of jewelry or piercings
- Electronic devices such as cell phones, computers, or music listening devices
- Pencil sharpeners
- Pens, erasers, tape, glue
- Spiral notebooks
- Backpacks/tote bags
- Exercise equipment
- Shoe polish, liquid soap, hair dye, or bleach
- No drinks of any kind, including water.
- Food, chewing gum, breath mints, candy of any kind, sugar, or artificial sweeteners
- E-Cigarettes, chewing tobacco
- Illegal substances or mood-altering drugs
- Firearms and/or supplies