We understand that having a mental health disorder can make you feel like you’re all alone. But our residential and outpatient services put help and hope within reach.
At La Amistad, we’re here when you or a loved one is ready to take the next step in your journey toward wellness. Whether you’ve recently completed inpatient stabilization or need less intensive treatment, we have individualized programs for your needs.
Residential Mental Health Facility in Florida: Why Choose Us?
At our voluntary psychiatric treatment facility for adults 18 and over, you’ll find:
- Continuum of care: We offer several levels of care for people at every stage of mental health recovery. Our programs include long-term residential, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient. We facilitate seamless transitions from acute care facilities and help you make an aftercare plan for continued rehabilitation once you leave La Amistad.
- Clinical partnerships: We partner with University of Central Florida and Stetson University to help train and educate the behavioral health providers of tomorrow. Our unique approach to care and excellent outcomes mean other institutions look to us to set the standard for mental health care in Florida.
- Excellent outcomes: Results from our 2019 patient satisfaction survey show that 93% of patients would recommend La Amistad to someone needing treatment. In addition, 86% of patients who followed their aftercare plan showed sustained recovery. We value our patients’ feedback and use their experiences to continually improve our care.
- Highly trained staff: At La Amistad, a board-certified psychiatrist meets with you for one to two hours upon admission. You also have access to licensed therapists, registered nurses and mental health professionals certified in trauma-informed therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy.
Psychiatric Conditions We Treat
At our outpatient and residential mental health rehab programs, we treat:
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder or other mood disorders
- Early psychosis
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Our Mental Health Treatments and Services
La Amistad offers a respite where you can begin the in-depth work of healing from mental illness. At our residential mental health program, we blend therapies in individual and group settings to help you recover in body, mind and spirit.
Trauma is the cause of many mental health disorders. We use a variety of techniques to explore the effect that trauma has had on your life, health, choices and behaviors.
Our trauma-focused therapies include:
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT): DBT is a form of psychotherapy. It helps people who can’t regulate very strong emotions. We may recommend DBT if you have a personality or mood disorder or are suicidal or considering harming yourself. DBT teaches mindfulness and strategies for calming your emotions in stressful situations.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): CBT is another form of psychotherapy. It helps you identify, process and change negative thoughts or emotions that are barriers to recovery. It teaches logic, reasoning and behavior change.
- Prolonged exposure therapy: We guide you through reimagining a past traumatic event. The goal is to disconnect the event from your emotional response to it. Over time, people can talk about and process trauma with less fear, anxiety and stress.
A certified recreational therapist coordinates a schedule of activities to enhance your treatment program. Amenities and services on our adult campus include:
- Art, music and drama therapy
- Equine (horse) therapy (off-site)
- Fitness centers
- Horticulture (gardening) therapy
- Outdoor activities
- Pet therapy
- Swimming pool
- Volleyball courts